Sunday, April 5, 2009

Preface

So...I finally made it back to start my blogging streak. I honestly don't even know where to begin. My life journey thus far has taken me several places in life not only physically but also mentally and emotionally. Those people that knew me five years ago don't know me anymore. I look back on my life in the small town of 800 people and I don't even know that person anymore. How can you honestly know who you are when you are constantly being watched, judged, and surrounded by the same people your whole life? I had my titles--cheerleader, basketball pointguard, State Prose champion, student council representative, National Honor Society president, Honor Roll student, girlfriend of the hot jock--and who really gives a shit? I had plans to go away to college, to be successful, and to eventually marry my high school sweetheart but I never had any real ambitions in life. I didn't know what I wanted, who I really was, or anything about the world outside of what was in front of me my first 17 years of my life. I was content but unknowing of the world that surrounded me and all of its possibilities. I had no idea who I was without the person I "loved" by my side for four years. I have now become an independent person full of dreams, ambitions, and am starting to grasp who I am and how I respond in situations. My life is far from planned but I have at least accomplished many things on my own and have aspirations to keep me busy throughout the rest of my life. I feel the need to share my story to help me understand how I came to where I am today and to help me form my next step. Life is made in chapters much like that of a novel and we are the authors of our own lives. I'm no writer but I am a thinker so here goes...Whitney's thoughts in physical form...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment